10.8.08

I've been here a month

Let's see, so what's been going on in the past week? Good question.

My classes are definitely going to kill me with work. I am definitely going to have to dip into my savings. We will probably not have to use Portuguese during our three day trip to Mozambique. In any case, I know enough Spanish that I could get by in Portuguese.
Things close really early on Sunday. But the unofficial shop vendors sell the coolest stuff. But they are very pushy and you have to be good at walking away if you really don't intend to buy the item.
Ethiopian food is FANTASTIC. So is being able to order a bottle of wine for the table. Oh how I'll miss that when I come back (my wallet sure won't).
Everyone is obsessed with safety here. So no worries.
In terms of plans for the four weeks after the semester ends, there's a huge trip up to the equator and back down, but I still need to find out about that. Otherwise I can travel with my roommates and their friends. Yay!
We found another person to go with us on spring break. The plan is essentially to fly up to Durban, spend two days there, then go to Kruger for a two day safari, then take a bus to Maputo (capital of Mozambique) and stay there for three days and do all sorts of fun beach stuff. Then we'll take a bus back down to Johannesburg and spend a day there, then fly back to Cape Town. And have a ton of deadlines waiting for us. But yeah, it'll be awesome and way too expensive. Oh well.
My only worry is if I can get my assignments done in time for it. I'm not used to having strict deadlines like this.
I'll post some pictures once people put them online.

---------------
Now playing: Backstreet Boys - Not For Me
via FoxyTunes

No comments: